Tuesday, February 12, 2008

If a Tree Falls

Is this tree falling in the forest?

Anonymous said...
Morning coffee. Freezing rain. Procrastinating the work I have to do. One of those whimsical mornings when you decide to Google people from your past you've lost touch with. Just to see... Now an hour or so later, I've read your whole blog. So much struck me, but
this post struck me the most. Am I one of those guys? Maybe... sort of. I've often wondered, and often regretted having not said or done more, but especially regret having let you down. I am truly sorry.

I'm a little sideways at the irony. It's anonymous.
I can't recount the men who have peed on my shoes and trotted off to the next tree. It's the pee trot. The tree trot. But thanks for the apology, Stranger.

1 comment:

  1. I love it!!!
    I was hoping for a good response like that. I would have expected no less, but I don't recall having ever peed on your shoes.
    However, in reading my comment again. It sounds so dramatic and heavy. I was felling more whimsical, but that freezing rain may have injected it's somber tone in my fingers as I typed... who knows. And the sentiment is sincere, but here's the kicker...I don't really know if I could be counted as one of those guys. Like I said... maybe... sort of?People can perceive situations so differently sometimes.... and if I that's the case, then maybe I'm an ass. Which leads us to 2 things...
    1... Anonymity and 2... the same kind of thinking that answers the question you seemed to have posed in that post... at least partially. If you were sideways before, maybe now you're upside down.

    As for the anonymity, you may have already figured me out by now, and you eventually will. But for now, I have to admit this is kind of fun.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS ARE MUCH MORE LIKELY TO POST IF YOU LEAVE YOUR NAME.