Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Fine. Here's Naked.

Dammit, who keeps saying NAKED??
"Sitting on a park bench naked", "These pages will always be naked," nyeh nyeh nyeh naked. Pfuh.

Ergh. Here's the NAKED response to the post below...

Dear "Sorry,"
Yes, it hurts my feelings when someone doesn't keep his word. When excitement or fun or connection is part of the picture, it hurts my feelings even more to get flaked on. Full on break-ups have been fulfilling in contrast to some of the forgotten plans that have left me dangling in the mystery of manliness...making me pull out my Nancy Drew for clues...."Am I getting that familiar silent shaft, instead of hearing, 'hey, man, sorry, not for me'?"

For the sake of fairness, I have been the silent escapee, myself, so I get the allure. But it's ugly. Having also dated my fair share of women, four out of five doctors surveyed agree men are "way more prone" to vanishing disease.

So. Where does that leave us, my "Sorry" friend?

On the outset, it probably left me sad and confused, wondering at my worth and why folks think I'm great, but not "the great," or even "a great." These days, it is what it is. The runner is a runner, and not a match for me.

I do have to say that the anonymity of your post--considering what the apology is for--strikes me as a decisive reminder of the of the alleged disappearance itself. But like a spirit visiting from the other side, maybe you could only summon enough stamina to be partially revealed, shake some chains to send a message. So, thank you.

From,
Pema

2 comments:

  1. OK. It seems the anonymity thing, while fun for a while, has it's limits. It was never my intention to frustrate, just to have a little fun, and it was really only born of the peculiar circumstance that I could find to contact you.
    Let me tell you a story. An abbreviated, one sided version... abridged.

    10 year high school reunion-mine.
    You happened to be there. We talked, we had a great time. Kept in touch, but lived in different parts of the country.
    Later, you came for a visit. A stopover on a bigger trip. Lost glasses if I remember correctly. Then a cancelled flight.
    Then 2 days in Dallas I count amongst the highlights of my life.
    You made it pretty clear you were interested in a bit more, but exactly what & how much were cards that were never thrown on the table.
    And I didn't throw many cards at all. Never made any moves. Why?
    Mostly fear. Fear of the unknown. Fear of jumping in, and I simply have always had a phobia about making the first move. I'm more of the sensitive ponytail relationship type than the fling guy.
    It was never about any shortcomings of yours. As far as I know, you don't have any. I wish I would have made that more clear at the time.

    A short time passes, shit happens, and I find myself in a relationship with another great woman. One that I still happen to be with today. But at the time, in a cloud of possible poor judgement, I decide to come to visit you. Her & I were vacationing in California. Maybe that was a bad idea. I thought at that point we could be great friends, but it seems our communication quickly dropped to nothing after that.

    You're version may be quite different. I don't know.

    There you have it. Wow, it's cold out here with no clothes on.

    You know who I am now. Your move.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeff! You were never a vanisher. Not even a maybe-sort-of. I know, chilly right??

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS ARE MUCH MORE LIKELY TO POST IF YOU LEAVE YOUR NAME.