Wednesday, February 13, 2008

School

These days I think people and experiences cross my path for the express reason of teaching me something. I've always thought that, but recent times have produced so many of them, they're like cue cards and I'm studying for the test. There was "The New Guy" to yank my anger out into view and discover how deep it resides in me (he's the sweetie I was dating who forgot to, oh, call me when Michael died.) Jeff, from the post below, resurfaced anonymously long enough to provoke me to share my real feelings about being flaked on. Interestingly, though he apologized, he himself was not one of the flakes. Allen invited a lunch date today--using the term very loosely here, way more lunch than date. But it reminded me what a reflection he was when we did date last summer, of my carefulness and reserve around affairs of the heart.

It's only Wednesday, and these have already populated my week. That's like cramming. I'll need coffee for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS ARE MUCH MORE LIKELY TO POST IF YOU LEAVE YOUR NAME.