Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Like Still Life

...waiting to be got.

I think that's me.

I'm still scratching my head over the guy who has a great time, asks to go out again, and then forgets how to devise the actual contact, you know phone, email, telepathy.

I'm not talking about one guy, although I could name one at present. I'm talking about the several over time who have intrigued me enough to make me curious, and then dissipated into vapor, communication skills clattering to the ground where their feet once stood.

It's hard not to take personally, like, "What did I do? How am I contributing? Why are they cheeking their nuts like a chipmunk in Autumn?"

Regina suggested I put those questions to the men in question.
I suggested it could be the perfect prescription for a neurotic complex. Curious as I am to know.

1 comment:

  1. Morning coffee. Freezing rain. Procrastinating the work I have to do. One of those whimsical mornings when you decide to Google people from your past you've lost touch with. Just to see...
    Now an hour or so later, I've read your whole blog. So much struck me, but this post struck me the most.
    Am I one of those guys? Maybe... sort of. I've often wondered, and often regretted having not said or done more, but especially regret having let you down. I am truly sorry.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS ARE MUCH MORE LIKELY TO POST IF YOU LEAVE YOUR NAME.