Monday, September 3, 2007

My Friends

…on the other hand, are CHATTY. Or in Tania’s case, chirpy.

In a heated discussion over the best seller, EAT PRAY LOVE (because it was 90 degrees in the house today), Ivonne defended in detail her disdain for the author’s “chirpy” and self-absorbed voice on topics as weighty as loneliness, depression and spirituality.

Tania, who loves this book, and whose tireless joy shames even the birds outside our windows, must retort.

TANIA: I don’t know how you stand ME being so chirpy.

IVONNE: You’re both chirpy AND substantive. A lot of people only want the chirpy.

1 comment:

  1. Although it makes me sound less tirelessly joyful, I need to make a correction to the characterization of my relationship with Eat Pray Love. I loved the "Eat" part (especially her description of her fashion sense as "Stevie Nicks goes to yoga in pajamas", which inspired me to purchase some purple tie-dyed pants that recently bled all over the rest of the laundry, perhaps dampening my former enthusiasm for the book), but I found "Pray" and "Love" a little slower going. Of course, compared to Ivonne, I loved the book : )

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS ARE MUCH MORE LIKELY TO POST IF YOU LEAVE YOUR NAME.