Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Ex-hilarating

I met Allen on Match.com. Doofy pic for what turned out to be such a handsome guy, but his ad was funny and original. Got me engaged. Said something like "Choose your meta-ad," and he had five small ads in one, all clever and appealing...little bitta intellectual, whole lotta dork.

So last weekend, it's 2am, I can't sleep. I'm cruising Craigslist and I see "Choose the ad you like best - 34." I think, "Don't look at it Pema, it'll piss you off," when I realize, wait, I'm looking at the "Women Seeking Men" section. His ad wouldn't be here. So I look at it. Dude, it IS his ad, copied and pasted by a woman, and filled in to match her specifics. What are the chances of that?? Of me seeing that?

I did what any self-respecting dumpee would do. Assumed Allen's identity and wrote to her fawning over the fate of us meeting this way. We're meeting next weekend.

Just kidding. I did forward the ad to Allen, though.

Yes, I realize I may be an instrument in their fate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS ARE MUCH MORE LIKELY TO POST IF YOU LEAVE YOUR NAME.