Wednesday, September 12, 2007

If You Come a Knockin'




Meet Sxip.

We love Sxip. LOVE SXIP.

YouTube Sxip Shirey.
Play this while you read. Do it now. You'll get a prize.

Sxip makes music.
Sxip tells stories.
All of which make you want to puke up your lunch for the sake of love.
Gut wrenching getting it everything that ever made sense and didn't love.
Sxip knows the art of olive oil.
Sxip is a circus composer.
When we met, Sxip shared a subterranean West Village apartment, shitting you not, the size of three small broom closets.
His roommate made intricate mechanical wings that crowded the place and they subleased the apt from a legendary drag queen who tricycled through Greenwich Village on inspired serenades.
Sxip was my FAVORITE first date ever.
It was a blind date of sorts, and we set out to find each other in the crowds of Bleecker Street. He started at the tea seller's and I started at the Italian pastry shop, and we were to find each other in the middle, I with my pink pastry box and he holding a tea pot.
Our first date was so good, and historical second dates so dismal, that instead of proposing a doomed second date, Sxip proposed another first. That was the second best first date ever.
Sxip is as bosom buddy as Tom Hanks and as musical master as Tom Waits. I know. You pause at that one. But just listen a while.
Listen to the velour of his voice and the flight of his stories, the lift of his love for the worlds he spins and the spaces where they land.
We love Sxip.

Show me the money and the milk and the honey.

1 comment:

  1. did you know that if you type in "show me the money and the milk and the honey" you are the only page that pops up on google? AND you actually had what I was looking for! I heard this song and jotted down the lyrics to try to find it, and now, thanks to you, I have!

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS ARE MUCH MORE LIKELY TO POST IF YOU LEAVE YOUR NAME.