Friday, September 28, 2007

Affair of the Heart

Street outside SHOE STORE
EVENING

SUZY and PEMA EXIT shoe store and WALK down the street.
They WAIT at the light.

PEMA: They were beautiful.

SUZY: They were very sexy.

PEMA: They were perfect! I miss them. I feel like fell in love with them.

SUZY: You fell in love with yourself in them.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I was thinking about Allen today. Each day of the two months and some that we dated, I coached/coaxed myself into being open, loving, focused on love rather than fear...of whatever neurosis du jour that clams me up. As a result, I was happy. I had a GREAT time with the guy. I really really liked him.

But after we stopped dating, it became clear all the ways he wasn't a good fit for me.

"So why did I like him so much?" myself asked myself.

I was pondering this a moment when my inner sensei said, "Ah, Grasshoppa, you fell in love with yourself when you were with him."

1 comment:

  1. That would be "fell in 'rove' with yourself", and that's as it should be. Isn't it? Being with him should make you love yourself, seems to me. You were happy.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS ARE MUCH MORE LIKELY TO POST IF YOU LEAVE YOUR NAME.