Thursday, June 19, 2008

Company

Tony Award winning, Sondheimian stage goodness, and I can't palate it. Tania rented COMPANY, a Sondheim musical, and I couldn't get through 40 minutes. All about a single guy at 35 who can't commit, and his 5 sets of married friends--the male of whom complain about being smothered and discontent, the female of whom dote and nag in heavy doses. It pushed all of my buttons. It's exactly why I called it off with Bombo. I don't want to be with someone who plays the yes-man to his woman then complains to his buddies that "she-made-me." Call me crazy. ...Then I read the Wiki. It came out in 1970. Guess I'm a daughter of the feminist revolution.

Better write my own play about men and marriage. Oh, I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS ARE MUCH MORE LIKELY TO POST IF YOU LEAVE YOUR NAME.