Friday, June 13, 2008

Art review

Here's a little bit of what I've put to paper lately.

http://www.independent.com/news/2008/jun/12/beauty-simplicity/

For me as an editor, it's ironic when I play the role of the writer, with my work subject to being edited. I should understand the notion of cutting and shaping for the purpose of clarity, and I do. But when I see the final version in print, the effect of the changes is less like having my nails clipped and more like watching my various body parts fall to the ground. Beyond their usefulness, there's an artistry in the way those body parts were situated.

Good lessons, I hope, lie in my arm waving to me from the floor, my lips blowing me a kiss as they drift down on a breeze with the jacaranda blossoms.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS ARE MUCH MORE LIKELY TO POST IF YOU LEAVE YOUR NAME.