Thursday, May 1, 2008

The Lovers the Dreamers & Me

Today was a rocketship ride of a day. 11 speed-demon hours at work, playwriting class through the early night, quick catch up with Lisa, quick route to bed for a 5am wake up tomorrow. In today's orbits I think I grew three new gray hairs.

Change is afoot. At lightning speed. Break-up talk, divorce, breeching emotions, a baby on the way, a 40th bday surprise, an estranged mom visiting anew, another mom more terrified to pack up and sell the house than to allow foreclosure, tectonic shifts. Happening fast. These are windows into my community at the moment. What's happening in the bigger broader world if each person in my immediate circles are affected by something so forceful?

My solution this evening for this speed at high volume, unwittingly inspired by my friend and fellow playwright, Michael Mahoney-Pierce: Kermit. The Frog. Nobody but nobody says it better...Listen...

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS ARE MUCH MORE LIKELY TO POST IF YOU LEAVE YOUR NAME.