Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Inconvenienced

Splitsville for me and Bombo tonight. Our conversation was difficult and sweet. Hard to articulate. But was as kind and generous as the whole dating spell had been.

Nothing like the break-up with a guy from years ago whose name I don't even recall now. He was a stand-up comic. Things got weird. He emailed me to call it off. Wrote a couple of lines that ended with: Sorry for any inconvenience.

My Reply: Now that's comedy.

Am I really comparing break-ups? At this inappropriate moment? I have this theory that trauma that is hard to relate brings up past traumas as reference points. Experience comes in to try to help us understand and identify...pattern recognizing machines that we are. Experience in general has that pattern of referencing back to what we know, not just traumas. But something else societal teaches us not to bring them up so soon. Sometimes, soon is now. According to The Smiths, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS ARE MUCH MORE LIKELY TO POST IF YOU LEAVE YOUR NAME.