Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Snip Snip

Years ago I gave up journalism because, as I put it then, my creativity didn't fit into its skinny columns. My writing was more curvy and poetic, swooping narrative, less facty, I suppose (plus, newspapers won't let me use words like "facty"). Today I turned in an art show review to the local Arts and Entertainment paper, and it got drawn, quartered, minced and re-baked before getting anywhere near finished. I still don't know if it's going in, it was so worked over. Funny, that's my job as an editor and ghostwriter, to cut, quarter and re-shape. Ask questions, clarify points. Once I started to see it that way, my prancing little ego sat still and succumbed to the smart lady with the red pen. Parched of poetry and all.

If it makes it in, I'll post the link here. Cool show by photographer, Bobbi Bennett, called "On Sacred Ground."

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS ARE MUCH MORE LIKELY TO POST IF YOU LEAVE YOUR NAME.