Thursday, April 3, 2008

Polaroids

10-hour work days make everything a blur. But here are a few slowed glimpses:

-Receipts receipts receipts, everywhere (tax time!)

-Me watching the "busker" on State Street whose animals are busking for him while he sits on his bony butt. His white rat sleeps on his tabby cat who sleeps on top of his dog. I'm looking out the window at lunch a good hour thinking, "Poor things, they have to be tranquilized to sit like that all day. Dog doesn't look thrilled at all. What a meanie jerk. Growly growl growl." Every once in a while, he picks up the wandering rat and swings it back onto the cat. Then, the more time that goes by, the more I watch, I see every fifth person on the busy sidewalk stop and take a picture, but only one in ten of those is dropping money in his tin can. Robbers! Then I get pissed and think I should drop money in his can to make up for those people who stopped to photograph the animal tower, but didn't so much as glance at the guy who has them propped up there next to his tin. ...Perspective. We don't call it a flip flop in polite circles. We call it a reversal. And, ehm...growth.

-Another funny image of Firefighter Dude. Today the call came after he had pulled over the fire engine. He pulled up next to a fire hydrant and was filling the rig with water from it, safety lights flashing. It just struck me as a funny image - like when my friend from high school told me his dad was a used cruise ship salesman, or when I saw a man watering a golf course with a garden hose - one guy driving a big fire truck to a little fire plug to fill up.

1 comment:

  1. Pema, every time I see that guy, I tell Rudy I'm going to call Animal Control or SOMEBODY who can at least determine the condition of those animals.

    It pisses me off even more to see the people laughing and taking pictures. Are they total idiots? I feel so sorry for those three animals. I'm glad you didn't give him money. :-)

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS ARE MUCH MORE LIKELY TO POST IF YOU LEAVE YOUR NAME.