Friday, April 11, 2008

owww, my eyes

it's tax time for everyone, and doubly so for me. i work in finance and folks is draggin me down. GORGEOUS day outside. but inside it's another 11 hour day.

and this occurs to me, whilst brain has jello-ed: i glimpsed my post from yesterday, and flinched ever so slightly to read "my biological mother." what a weird thing to say. not poetic at all. and it feels shameful. that ancient kick of, "they don't need to know your family problems!" until now, under the influence of too much work and weariness, i hear my head respond, "hell, lady, it ain't YOUR problem. she's the one that left and made herself the biological mother, not the mother mother. and the other one, she's the one that helped invent the meaning of 'step-mother.' in other words, yo, it ain't yo shit.'"

ahhh. enlightenment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS ARE MUCH MORE LIKELY TO POST IF YOU LEAVE YOUR NAME.