Saturday, July 19, 2008

News

I'm moving to Portland, Oregon.
I leave end August, early September.
I'm a little bit happy about it and a whole lot petrified right now.
Petrified: immovable, stuck, holding my breath. I feel like I'm at an intersection, all trucks facing each other waiting for someone else to budge. So much information. Where will it go?
I gave notice at work.
I have a week left there.
I have money saved to focus on writing in Portland when I get there, and not get a job right away.
But I'm loathe to spend all my money, and not know where the end is to this leap.
Transition (a la David Bowie).
I do have a public reading scheduled there already, however!
Meanwhile, in SB, I'm scheduling a table reading for my play, "Talking Dogs." Collecting actors.
It's dark blue outside right now with a moon that was full just last night.
There's a cool breeze drifting in the open window. Crickets and night bugs chirp in surround-sound outside. Someone's wind chime sounds nearby.
It's beautiful here.

1 comment:

  1. Ha!

    That's right! She's ours. Portland wins, one-to-nothin'.
    Can't wait for you to be up here, Pema. If you need anything, lemme know.

    Oh yeah, and Santa Barbara, if you were a little nicer and maybe a little less arrogant, you could've kept her. Oh, but Santa Barbara, if you're not seeing anyone... call me!

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS ARE MUCH MORE LIKELY TO POST IF YOU LEAVE YOUR NAME.