Friday, December 14, 2007

Saved by the Beauty

After I pushed the crosswalk button, I did something not rare to my nature but rare in my work rush. The winter sun hit the street in such a way, down the few blocks that head toward the ocean, that I got caught up in the pretty view and my gratitude for living in such a beautiful place. A certain peace washed over me. Without looking, I knew the signal light was turning green--I know the timing. But I was held up in that moment. Till I let it go and stepped into the street and watched a car drive right through the crosswalk. She didn't even see her light turn red. If I had walked with the light three seconds earlier, I'd be, as the kids say, all up in her grille. Thank you, beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS ARE MUCH MORE LIKELY TO POST IF YOU LEAVE YOUR NAME.