Monday, October 6, 2008

Palin Invasion

Linda is pregnant. Jack is the dad and husband. I've come to up to Seattle to help with some baby prep. We talk about events of the day, the world, our personal lives. I suggest that Sarah Palin is invading the psyches of women, and tell them what happened in my job interview last week:

Half way through, I stopped talking, because I caught glimpse of my hands, gesticulating in concert with the sound of my words losing track of my thoughts...and I got stuck seeing Sarah Palin in interview with Katie Couric, over and over in my mind. "Crap," I thought. "I can't sound like Sarah Palin talking to Katie Couric in a job interview!! Save yourself, woman!" Fortunately, the kind people interviewing me fell out laughing when I told them what happened.

...Do you see Sarah in every brunette with her hair pulled on top of her head? Surely behind every set of snappy glasses, say it, you do. The first night I was here, Linda had a sex dream about Sarah Palin.

Her invasion of our psyches has got to be that not only is Sarah Palin being Sarah Palin on every T.V. screen that can capture her. But Tina Fey is being Sarah Palin after every substantial appearance Sarah makes. So we get a Palin echo, like John Malkovich walking through a room of John Malkoviches.

Yesterday after dinner, the following conversation ensued:

JACK: I'm turning into my father.

PEMA: I'm turning into Sarah Palin.

LINDA: I'm having sex with Sarah Palin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS ARE MUCH MORE LIKELY TO POST IF YOU LEAVE YOUR NAME.