Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Jingle What?

It's 86 degrees in Los Angeles. We're baking in the heat. There's no breeze. In the refuge of the coffee shop, there is air conditioning, thank God. And CHRISTMAS SONGS?? Cute young cookie behind the counter thinks it's quaint. Personally, it's messing with my wiring, so I lean back, look at the ceiling for a stretch between "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" and "What Child is This?" and stare at the pull-cords that dangle under the spinning ceiling fan. What's that on the pull-cord? I watch it till it makes a full revolution and I can see what it is. Oy, me brain. It's a tiny wooden pine tree and a tiny reindeer above it. I give in. Deck the halls. At least I'm wearing red.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS ARE MUCH MORE LIKELY TO POST IF YOU LEAVE YOUR NAME.