Tuesday, March 25, 2008

overwhelm

Sometimes the ideas come on fast. Sometimes every trip outside and every overheard conversation is art. Sometimes the invisible string that holds everything together materializes right before your eyes and you laugh under your breath. How can you keep up with the synchronicity when its pace rides this high? What can you expect around the next corner, or whom?

My friend Dan tells me that even in my naked forays onto the park bench I am an enigma. But the paragraph above means only what it says. My ideas are headed in so fast right now there's a lineup of hovering aircraft waiting for a go at the landing strip. Everything in my physical world seems to be tied, in color, form and content, to my emotional world--I think it's always like this, but not nearly as often noticed. I also seem to be conjuring, controlling and creating things with my thoughts. I'm going to put this to some good use instead of being so grumpy at work all the time, and see what comes of it.

1 comment:

  1. Such an influx of creative impulses can be exhausting, or even frustrating, but also a *real* rush. I hope you're writing all your inspirations down, so that you can explore them when your brain slows down a bit!

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS ARE MUCH MORE LIKELY TO POST IF YOU LEAVE YOUR NAME.