Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Retail Medicine

The dress is so beautiful I'm taking it off the rack.

Nevermind it's a size small and $205 on sale. I hold it up to myself in the mirror and admire the ivory crocheted top with the sweeping neckline, the navy floral skirt with the orange oversized flowers spilt down its sides. It's me if ever I hanged on a clothing rack. Beautiful and thoroughly original, I'm saying to myself, "just hold it up to you," then, "maybe you could just try it on anyway."

I am not a size small. There are five minutes left to my lunch. I'm gripping onto the hanger and these...delusions! I say, "Hang it up, Pema. Get ahold of yourself."

I hang it up. I shake my head a swift jerk as I walk away.

I say to myself, "You just said, 'Get ahold of yourself.'"

Dress lust.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS ARE MUCH MORE LIKELY TO POST IF YOU LEAVE YOUR NAME.