Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Gray Skies All Day


The thing about Portland is that it's morning all day long. At least that's what my history in SoCal tells me, where coolness and clouds clear out by 9am.

Under the perpetual morning skies of Portland, I have no indicator of time passing. Now that I work from home, I am prone to wake-and-work--I fire up the laptop before getting out of bed in the morning. I eventually move the work down to my basement office, but somewhere along the way, I forget to change out of my pajamas. And pink slippers.

You'd think when it's 9pm and nearing bedtime again, I would be happy for being that much closer to ready for it. Truth is, it's jarring. "Dark outside? But I'm still in my P.J.'s. Bedtime? I just got out of bed."

Today, I put on a bra and called it progress.


Photo Credit

2 comments:

  1. Two thoughts:

    1) Several decades ago, taking a bra off would have been called progress.

    2) I do hope you post something about me soon because I just noticed that in your "paint pots" list I'm just below "lint." I think I'd feel more comfortable next to "funny queer."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our work life is surprisingly similar, although I have yet to put on a bra and call it progress. I have, frequently, spent the first hour or so of my work day still in bed.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS ARE MUCH MORE LIKELY TO POST IF YOU LEAVE YOUR NAME.